There are at least five practical methods for getting money to Maua Methodist Hospital from the United States and other parts of the world. Please remember that each wire transfer usually costs atleast $40 and, since these gifts will be small, the cost of the wire may seem out of line relative to the amount sent. Therefore, you may wish to consider the following:
1. The Advance Special: Use the services of the United Methodist Church's Advance Special program. The Church has identified a number of agencies and programs throughout the world doing the work of the church. Maua Methodist is one such agency.
Each agency has been given an identifying number - the one for this program of the Hospital is #140159. Funds sent to any program using this system will arrive at the bank account of the recipient with NO administrative or other fee applied. Therefore, 100% of your gift will be available for its intended purpose. To use this system send your check to:
P.O. Box 9068
New York, NY 10087-9068.
For more information visit the UMC web page at:
2. By Church Offering: Make your check payable to your local United Methodist Church. If you are not a Methodist, please feel free to drop by a local congregation and they will accept your gift and process it. Write the name of the ministry and the Advance code number on the check. Drop your gift in any United Methodist church offering plate or give your gift to your church treasurer, so that your church and annual conference will get Advance credit.
3. By Phone: Credit card gifts can be accepted by phone. The telephone number is: 888-252-6174 for the Advance office. They will process your transaction there.
4. By Bank Wire: You may have your church/organization/ personally wire the funds directly to the Hospital. The cost is usually approximately $40-$50. To do so, you will have to provide the following information:
|BANK ACCOUNT NUMBER NO:||230796|
|TITLE ON THE ACCOUNT:||MAUA METHODIST HOSPITAL ACCOUNT NUMBER 2|
|ACCOUNT HOLDER ADDRESS :||P O BOX 63 MAUA 60600 MERU NORTH|
|SWIFT CODE:||BARCKENX O3013-2307962|
5. Through Kenya Partner Ministries: The Hospital has had a relationship with Kenya Partner Ministries for many years. They have been supporting projects in the local area on a continuous basis either directly withthe Hospital or through the Methodist Church Synod. They will accept your funds and combine them with other monies that they regularly send. There will be NO administrative or other charge incurred by using this method. However, there are some steps that you need to take when using them. They are:
Kenya Partner Ministries
4510 Calabria Court
High Point, NC 27265
NOTE: Kenya Partner Ministries IS NOT a 501(c)3 organization and therefore no tax advantage can be applied to your gift. If you wish to get tax credit, we suggest making your contribution to your church, pool the gifts and have the church send the check to Kenya Partners.